Elaine is a licensed therapist (LT), practicing psychotherapy in Sacramento, CA. She brings a unique blend of compassion and directness to her 20 year practice. Elaine treats individuals, couples, and families utilizing a variety of treatments modalities. Where appropriate, Elaine helps adolescents, adults and seniors; works with partnerships; and specializes in cognitive behavioral therapy with superior clinical outcomes.
- 1994 to Present: Marriage, Family and Child Counselor, Private Practice
- 2009: Spent 4 years setting up a counseling program at Cristo Rey High School, Sacramento.
- 1991 to 2005: Marriage, Family and Child Counselor at Our Lady of Assumption Parish. Health and Spiritual Counselor, Spiritual Guidance, and served as a Pastoral Assistant.
- 1990-1994: Marriage, Family & Child Counselor at Mercy Health Care - Psych West. Contract mental health intern, then licensed MFCC. Worked with Victim Witness clients and Court referred cases.
- 1985-1991: Counselor and Campus Minister at Loretto High School. Provided personal counseling and community resource.
- 1988: University of San Francisco. Masters Program in Counseling, Clinical Approach with emphasis in Marriage and Family Counseling.
- 1985: California State University, Sacramento. Clear Lifetime Secondary Credential. IMPACT Training - Substance Abuse. Suicide Seminar
- 1982: Sutter Memorial Hospital. Clinical Pastoral Education (one quarter)
- 1973: California State University, Sacramento. B.A. in Microbiology. Acquired Secondary Teaching Credential.
- Lambert Award through PacificCare for excellence in therapy, work for fiscal year 2003
- Current CE units in Ethics, Legal Issues and related MFT topics
This therapist has demonstrated superior clinical results. To earn and maintain this quality certification, the therapist consistently achieves above-average clinical outcomes. Outcomes have been measured by Pacificare Behavioral Health and compared against thousands of other therapists using the same scoring method. Currently, this therapist is ranked "Preferred Specialist" on many insurances.